Guernsey Legal Resources
Welcome to the Guernsey Legal Resources website.
This website is a joint initiative of the Royal Court of Guernsey and the Law Officers of the Crown and reflects their commitment to improving the administration of justice in the Island by providing easy access to some of its most frequently used legal material. We very much hope the site will provide an invaluable resource not just to members of the legal profession, but to the public, researchers and anybody thinking about doing business or taking up residency in Guernsey.
Guernsey Legal Resources has a new content management system, find out what this means to you the user.
The website includes:
- Guernsey, Alderney, Sark and Bailiwick Laws enacted and published since 1950 as well as some key earlier items.
- Guernsey, Alderney, Sark and Bailiwick, Ordinances enacted and published since 1950 as well as some key earlier items.
- Guernsey and Bailiwick Statutory Instruments enacted and published since 1949
- Unofficial consolidated versions of Laws from 1950 and Ordinances from 1950
- UK Statutory Instruments published since 1980.
- Orders of the Court from 1949 onwards.
- Practice Directions of the Royal Court from 2000 onwards.
- Unreported Judgments of the Guernsey courts from 2003 onwards and of the Court of Appeal from 1964 to 1989.
- Guernsey Law Reports from 2003 onwards.
- The Guernsey Law Journals from 1985 until its last publication in 2000, including the text of Court of Appeal Judgments from 1989 to 2000.
- A link to the Jersey and Guernsey Law Review.
The full range of resources can be accessed via the navigation bar on left hand side of the screen.
The website now provides a comprehensive collection and database of Guernsey's more recent legal material as well as legislation and Judgments from earlier years. Please visit the site regularly and check the Recent Changes section where updates will be posted to help users check at a glance what has been added. Please also feel welcome to contact us with suggestions on the future development and enhancement of the site by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you wish to purchase paper copies of legislation not yet available on the website, please contact the Office of H M Greffier on (01481) 725277.